When Rockstar released the impressive stats for GTA Online, it was accompanied by a promise: the much-anticipated heists would be a part of the first GTA Online update after the PS4 and Xbox One launch. Yesterday, we alerted you to a rumor that both a holiday update and heists would arrive on December 23.
We still don’t know if that’s accurate or not, but this supposed leak has resulted in new details about what the heist DLC will include. The original source of the leak, NillxModz, was banned from PSN shortly after the leak. According to this information, the GTA Online heist update will include 6 heist missions found in 4 locations, as well as 5 Cops and Crooks missions in 4 locations. So far, information has been leaked about six of these:
- Prison Van Rescue (Cops and Crooks) – capture a news van and use it to rescue an imprisoned gang member, while being chased down by the cops.
- Weapons Deal (Cops and Crooks) – make a deal with the police to capture a criminal and bring him back in exchange for weapons and money.
- Hostage Deal (Cops and Crooks) – while NPC gangs attempt to move a hostage, either capture the hostage as a biker gang or rescue him as the police.
- Country Bank Heist – hold up a bank and get the money from the vault back to your safe house, playing with up to 4 criminals and 16 cops.
- Ornate Bank Heist – hack into the bank vault and get the money to the designated drop-off location, playing with up to 4 criminals and 16 cops.
- The final leaked mission tasks you with stealing a special artifact from a military base.
It will also come with a new layout for High-End apartments, 3 new vehicles, 3 new heist-themed outfits, 5 new hairstyles, and 2 new contact lenses. PS4 and Xbox One games will also receive new CCTV features for their apartments and 2 new Crops and Crooks-themed masks.
Heists will be listed on a special new menu screen, and the heist matchmaking features will be implemented. Players can purchase BZ Gas from Ammu-Nation to use during heist missions, and you can revive a fallen Crew member during heists by calling a new phone contact called Jeff. You can also email other members of your Crew about your heist plans, which will make you the leader for that heist. PS4 and Xbox One players will be able to print out the email and keep it in their documents.
The update also includes 34 texture modifications to 4 locations, 4 heist audio files, and unrelated measures to prevent GTA Online cheating.
Without official word from Rockstar, this is still just a rumor… but if it’s fake, it’s an incredibly elaborate hoax, with this much leaked information being reported by multiple sources. We might have a good idea now of what the heist update will contain. Are GTA Online heists really set for next Tuesday, December 23?
What do you think? Sound off below!