The change.org petition to have Grand Theft Auto V developed and released on PC just blasted through 300,000 signatories (see our previous coverage here and here) and we thought it would be a good time to try and assess when a PC version of GTA 5 might actually be released, if it is in development.
Here’s what the previous release dates were for the console versions of Grand Theft Auto 3, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas and Grand Theft Auto IV, along with their PC version counterparts:
- Grand Theft Auto 3: October 22 2001 (console) | May 20 2002 (PC) | 210 days difference
- Grand Theft Auto: Vice City: October 27 2002 (console) | May 12 2003 (PC) | 197 days difference
- Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas: 26 October 2004 (console) | June 7 2005 (PC) | 224 days difference
- Grand Theft Auto IV: April 4 2008 (console) | December 2 2008 (PC) | 217 days difference
The average time difference across all four games was 212 days, which gives us the following:
- Grand Theft Auto V: September 17 2013 (console) | April 17 2014 (PC) | 212 days difference
So, if you believe that Rockstar Games will publish GTA 5 on the PC (the signs are certainly there) then watch out for April 17 2014 – it could come around sooner than you think!
What do you think? Sound off below!