GTA 5 Remastered FAQ
There seems to be a bit of confusion out there around exactly what Grand Theft Auto V on the Xbox One, Playstation 4 and PC will bring, aside from improved graphics etc. So here at GTA 5 Cheats we’ve taken all the official, confirmed information we could find and prepared this handy GTA V Remastered FAQ for you.
- GTA V on the Xbox One and PS4 will launch on November 18, 2014.
- GTA V on the PC will launch next year on January 27, 2015.
Other improvements and features
There will be loads of improvements in the next-gen/PC versions of GTA V beyond a simple visual upgrade. Some of things you can officially expect are:
- New weapons
- New vehicles including rare versions of the Dukes, the Dodo Seaplane and the Blimp
- New activities including wildlife photography
- New challenges (eg new shooting range challenges)
- Additional wildlife
- Denser traffic
- Increased GTA Online player count – 30 players on the PS4 and Xbox One (currently unspecified for PC)
- New foliage system
- Enhanced damage and weather effects
- 100 new additional radio songs and new DJ mixes
Pre-order $GTA bonus
If you pre-order GTA 5 Remastered then you’ll receive GTA$1 million total to spend – GTA$500K for story mode and also GTA$500K for GTA Online.
Current-gen Character Transfer
You will be able to transfer your GTA Online character and progression over from the current Xbox 360 or PS3 version of the game to the new remastered version of GTA 5 if you wish. This will be carried out via the Rockstar Social Club.
Screenshots and current-gen comparisons
These screenshots are from the Playstation 4 version of the game (click each for an enlarged version). If you want to see some comparisons between the current-gen and next-gen versions then check out this post and also this one.
Official remastered announcement trailer
Remastered release date announcement trailer
First person mode
First person mode was allegedly leaked/confirmed by Rockstar Games directly, however the relevant post was then revoked/taken down. Check out this post for further information, but it appears that Rockstar are at least working on first person mode for GTA 5 Remastered, whether the feature will be there for the two launches of the game (X1/PS4 first, then PC) is not yet known.