Grand Theft Auto V is now the holder of seven Guinness World Records! On Tuesday the organisation confirmed that GTA V is now the official holder of the following titles:
- Best-selling action-adventure video game in 24 hours
- Best-selling video game in 24 hours
- Fastest entertainment property to gross $US1 billion
- Fastest video game to gross $US1 billion
- Highest grossing video game in 24 hours
- Highest revenue generated by an entertainment product in 24 hours
- Most viewed trailer for an action-adventure video game
Craig Glenday, editor in chief of Guinness World Records, even had the following to say:
Gaming is no longer a niche hobby, as GTA V has proved, and how exciting that it’s taken on the might of Hollywood and won
Nice to see gaming completely dominating Hollywood!
What do you think? Sound off below!