GTA 5 Cell Phone Cheats
How To Use GTA 5 Cell Phone Cheats for PS4, Xbox One, PC
GTA 5 cell phone cheats and codes including invincibility, weapons (RPG, assault rifle, shotgun, sniper and others), fast run and super jump cheats can be activated and used in two different ways. During gameplay either: (1) dial one of the phone numbers below to activate the Grand Theft Auto 5 cheat code you want to use (PS4, Xbox One or PC only); or (2) enter cheat codes using your game controller or PC keyboard (info).
To dial a number and activate a cell phone cheat in GTA 5:
- Bring out your cell phone (press up on the d-pad on console versions, or “T” or “Backspace” on the PC version).
- Go to your contacts list and press X on the Xbox One, Square on the PS4 or “Spacebar” or the middle mouse button on PC. This will bring up the dial pad.
- Enter the phone number that corresponds to the cheat you wish to activate.
- To actually dial the number, press the same button you used in step 2 (X on the Xbox One, Square on the PS4 or “Spacebar” or the middle mouse button on PC).
- The cheat will be activated.
All GTA 5 Cell Phone Cheats
Player Effects Cheats
- Drunk Mode: 1-999-547-861 (LIQUOR)
- Explosive Melee Attacks: 1-999-4684-2637 (HOT HANDS)
Questions or ideas? Load comments down below!
Our Best 5 Tips for GTA 5
Playing through GTA 5’s story mode is one hell of a ride, and sometimes it’s a bumpy one too. In case you’re stuck on some section of the game, but don’t want to resort to cheats (because, well, that’s cheating) to get you through, you might need something else to give you a push. We’ve compiled a huge list of hints and tips which will give your skills a kick. Here are five of our favorite ones to give you a taste.
- Farm that driving skill – GTA 5 tries to interweave realism with the otherwise entirely unrealistic stat system, one the game’s many RPG-lite elements. Skills increase when you practice, i.e. do the thing that uses the skill. You level up shooting by shooting, strength by punching (this would work better with “strengthing”, but alas, grammar) and driving by driving. The action that actually levels up your driving skill, however, is a near miss. The best way to rack these up with little effort is to wait until night falls, as this will reduce traffic to a point where there are enough vehicles to rack up near misses, but not too many making it dangerous. Head on out to one of the large freeways circling the map, and just drive down the middle of the oncoming lane with a bike. The bike is thin enough to safely pass between the two vehicles on either side, but you’ll go close enough to them for the game to register a near miss. You might have to zig-zag slightly, but never too much. The driving skill bar should fill rapidly.
- Avoid police at night – The level of detail in GTA 5 is astounding, and this factor often bleeds over to gameplay. If you’ve ever pissed off the police during night-time, chances are you’ve had helicopters with searchlights on your ass. It’s a little known fact that the game has a stealth mechanic (since all of you blow shit up anyway). If you aim well and shoot out the searchlight on the helis, you have a better chance at hiding from the police, and shaking them without wasting a boatload of ammo.
- It isn’t a Pay’n’Spray, but it will do – Older fans of the franchise who have played previous installments of GTA will note the absence of Pay’n’Sprays in GTA 5. These quick repair and recolor shops for vehicles have been replaced by the more complex Los Santos Customs stores. The expanded functionality of these stores might make it easy to miss that they still serve the same role – if you have a wanted level, drive into an LCS and change the color of your vehicle, it will be easier to lose the wanted level.
- Low-key carjacking – If you’d rather appropriate a vehicle on the streets without drawing attention to yourself with the overly dramatized breaking of windows, there is an easy way to steal the cars low-key. All you need to do is enter sneak mode before stealing it, which will lead to the character opening the door without breaking the window. Provided you’ve leveled up your stealth, you might even be able to do this without setting off the car alarm.
- Call for help – GTA 5’s three protagonist system is pretty unique in games, and is executed darn well, however there are some downsides. Each of the three characters has their own set of unique activities. If you’re the kind of gamer who likes peppering their side activities in between main story missions, it’s easy to lose track of progress. Once you’re done with your secondary missions and switch to whichever character needs to push the plot forward, you might find yourself unsure as to what you’re supposed to do. A safe bet is to call the various story characters on your phone, and one of them is bound to get things rolling.
Exciting Ways to Use these GTA 5 Cell Phone Cheats
Cell Phone cheats were introduced to GTA 5 with the Enhanced Edition (the PS4 and Xbox One versions) and are accessible on PC too. Giving a new twist to typical cheat-use that we’ve gotten used in the GTA franchise, this method is a bit more tangible than simply pressing button combinations into thin air and hoping you didn’t miss a beat.
With cell phone cheats, each effect has a phone number associated with it. Calling said number will activate the cheat, simple as pie. This form of activating cheats is a newcomer to the franchise, and is remotely more realistic than the usual method – but realism is something we toss out the window the moment the cheats are activated anyway.
Using cheats in GTA 5 is more than simply gaining an unfair advantage to remove some of the challenge from the game, it’s rather a method to unlock new features that enhance gameplay but wouldn’t fit into the canon of the game’s realistically grounded setting. You’ll find more here than your standard issue line-up of invincibility and co. One of the best features of these cheats is that they can be mixed and matched to your leisure, allowing for some really entertaining combinations.
Sure, you could simply spawn a vehicle you like and turn on invincibility, rack up a wanted level and have a shootout, but there are plenty of actual legit activities in the game that involve combat. Then again, you could once again spawn a vehicle with particularly poor handling, activate the “slippery cars” (1-999-766-9329 (SNOWDAY)) and “moon gravity” (1-999-356-2837 (FLOATER)) to challenge your driving skills. For added difficulty, do this in the city and try to run over as few PEDs as possible.
If you feel like turning the game into a superhero sandbox, the combination of the fast run (1-999-228-8463 (CATCH ME)), fast swim (1-999-468-44557 (GOT GILLS)), super jump (1-999-467-86-48 (HOP TO IT)) and explosive melee attacks (1-999-4684-2637 (HOT HANDS)) will turn you into one mean meta-human, albeit a rather generic one. You won’t even need to use the cheat for raising your wanted level, as you can deal out more than enough destruction this way to get the attention of the authorities. How nice of them to supply you with squishy mortals.
Should you feel the need to boost your abilities without turning GTA 5 into some otherworldly madhouse, there are a number of more low-profile cheats that are more geared towards getting you out of tough situations, rather than augmenting the gameplay drastically. Turn yourself into a deadly super soldier with explosive ammo rounds (1-999-444-439 (HIGH EX)) or flaming bullets (1-999-462-363-4279 (INCENDIARY)) and the weapons (1-999-8665-87 (TOOL UP)) cheats, while occasionally hitting slow motion aim (1-999-332-3393 (DEAD EYE)), max health & armor (1-999-887-853 (TURTLE)) and recharge ability (1-999-769-3787 (POWER UP)) whenever you’re in the need. These latter cheats aren’t permanent, since sustaining damage will still decrease health and armor, and using the ability will put it on cooldown yet again.
The sheer number of cheats accessible in GTA 5 extend the playability of this game immensely, as even once you’ve maxed out the official content, you can mix and match these cheats to explore the latest rendition of Los Santos and the state of San Andreas in new, exciting and sometimes explosive ways.