VGChartz has just released its preorders stats for the week ending June 15 and we’re very pleased to say that Grand Theft Auto V is completely dominating in the United States.
As you can see, the Xbox 360 version of the game has proven most popular so far with a total of 333,477 units preordered. The PS3 version comes in as the second most popular preordered game with 290,997 units. Finally, we have Battlefield 4 in a distant third with just 161,500 units preordered.
Also interesting is that preorders for GTA 5 appear to be ramping up (which you would expect as we get closer to 17 September). Extrapolating the chart below we might even break one million units on each platform!
Have you preordered Grand Theft Auto 5 yet? If not, do it now! Xbox 360 version | PS3 version.
PS: We also have a new, much higher quality version of the new Gamestop GTA V posters. Makes for a perfect wallpaper!
Here’s a deal if you’re considering preordering Grand Theft Auto V.
Right now Amazon are running an offer where if you trade in $10 worth of games, consoles or accessories, you’ll get an additional $10 bonus credit towards GTA 5 (amongst other games). So if you trade an old PS3 game for $10, you’ll get $20 worth of effective preorder credit.
If you want to take advantage of this offer, save some money on GTA 5 and clear out some of your old games at the same time, this might be how to do it. All the details are here at Amazon.
Rockstar Games has today announced details of the special and collector’s editions of Grand Theft Auto V and from a guy who does’t usually bother with these things, the extras look pretty enticing!
For $79.99 you get the special edition which includes the following:
- The game (yup, gonna need that…)
- A “steeelbook” with never-before-seen artwork of Michael, Trevor and Franklin.
- A 21.5” x 26.75” blueprint map of Los Santos and Blaine County.
- Special Ability Boost – the special ability bar of each of Michael, Franklin and Trevor will regenerate 25% faster. This is pretty bug. There has to be a cheat released for it too (we hope)!
- Stunt Plane Trials – you can do additional aerial challenges in the game.
- Bonus outfits and tattoos.
- Free Weapons – you’ll get the following weapons for free from any Ammunation store: the Pistol .50, Bullpup Shotgun and melee Hammer. Always handy!
Coming in at $149.99, the collector’s edition will get you everything above plus:
- A “real” 10.75” x 8.5” GTA 5 security deposit bag with logo key.
- A GTA V New Era 9FIFTY Snapback Cap. This would be sweet!
- The ability to use classic GTA characters from previous games in the online character creation system.
- Instant access to a garage to store custom vehicles as well as the following actual vehicles in single player: 1930’s style Hotknife hotrod and CarbonRS sports bike, as well as the high-end Khamelion electric car in multiplayer.
To be honest, I never purchase collector’s or special editions, but if there is one time I am gonna do it, GTA 5 surely has to be the game!? Plus some of the extras are very attractive.
PS: Rockstar also announced that if you pre-order ANY version of GTA 5 between now and September 17, then you’ll be able to pilot the Atomic Blimp in-game vehicle (picture below). Pretty sweet. Pre-order here: PS3 and Xbox 360.
PPS: while the prices above are in USD, the preorder availability of both editions is worldwide from participating retailers.
What are your thoughts on the offers?
You can pre-order Grand Theft Auto V for the Xbox 360 now, directly from the Microsoft Store, and receive 1,600 Microsoft Points as a bonus – something that would usually cost $20. In effect, at least for Xbox 360 gamers, this brings the price of GTA 5 down to a paltry $39.99.
In order to take advantage of the offer, you need to pre-order the game from the Microsoft Store. Note that the offer is only open “while stocks last” and that it is only available for pre-orders.
By running this offer, Microsoft is likely hoping to get gamers sitting on the sideline to order the Xbox 360 version of the game as opposed to the Playstation 3 version. We recently conducted a Facebook poll and the results were pretty even (maybe slightly in favor of the PS3…) so deals like this could make a difference for the guys from Redmond.
Either way, if you have a Xbox 360 and are going to be getting GTA 5, then this pre-order offer from Microsoft is likely to be as good as it gets!