In the past 24 hours someone casually logged into the GTAForums and posted the screenshot you can see below. It’s taken from Grand Theft Auto V and has a resolution of 1080p… 1080p you say? That’s impossible – the maximum resolution of the current version of the game (on Xbox 360 and PS3) is only 720p… Well not if this screenshot is taken from the PC version.
We won’t go over the dozens of rumors concerning a PC version of GTA 5 right now. Instead you can browse all the stories yourself in our archives. And this latest “rumor”, or more appropriately “piece of evidence”, regarding the existence of a PC version would have been pretty strong, had it not been literally just debunked and proven false.
As user “Tuskin38” on the GTAForums discovered, the exact same user that uploaded this new image “KyleN” has also posted previous images that he “suggested” were from a PC version of GTA V and that were subsequently proven fake too. You can check those shots out here.
So while this latest piece of news might have generated a bit of hype for a short but exciting time (heck, we want GTA V on PC too!) it’s ultimately been proven just another piece of false information. In the meantime we can only wait and hope…
Warning: this post is technically a spoiler, but we’ve decided to post it since the map is going to be EVERYWHERE you look in the next few hours anyway. If you don’t want to see the map of Los Santos and Blaine County, don’t read any further. Instead just look at the new screenshot we’ve embedded below and carry on…
Onto the map… The BradyGames Guide for GTA V has been shipped to stores and unlike physical disc copies of GTA 5, security for this product doesn’t seem that tight. There’s information from it being leaked absolutely everywhere. One of those things is the much-anticipated and talked about map of Los Santos and Blaine County. Now we finally get to try and estimate the true scale of the gaming world that Rockstar Games has created. You won’t be disappointed… Click for a full size version!
VGChartz has just released its preorders stats for the week ending June 15 and we’re very pleased to say that Grand Theft Auto V is completely dominating in the United States.
As you can see, the Xbox 360 version of the game has proven most popular so far with a total of 333,477 units preordered. The PS3 version comes in as the second most popular preordered game with 290,997 units. Finally, we have Battlefield 4 in a distant third with just 161,500 units preordered.
Also interesting is that preorders for GTA 5 appear to be ramping up (which you would expect as we get closer to 17 September). Extrapolating the chart below we might even break one million units on each platform!
Have you preordered Grand Theft Auto 5 yet? If not, do it now! Xbox 360 version | PS3 version.
PS: We also have a new, much higher quality version of the new Gamestop GTA V posters. Makes for a perfect wallpaper!
Have you heard of Gamer Z magazine? Up until today, neither we had we, probably because we don’t live in South Korea. Gamer Z has just published a brand new Grand Theft Auto V screenshot though and to us, that’s what matters.
The character riding the motorcycle is most likely Franklin (as opposed to Trevor or Michael) and has got us thinking how Rockstar will handle bikes in GTA 5. Will you come flying off them with the slightest bump from anything, or will it be a bit harder to get knocked off?
Coincidentally we’ve just passed through the “100 days to go” window for GTA V’s release on 17 September. Not long to go now!
A recent GTA V article from Polish magazine PSX Extreme has been scanned and posted on the web, and aside from the new image (great to see Rockstar paying homage to Easy Rider) there’s also quite a bit of new information. It’s true meaning may have been (somewhat) lost in translation, but nevertheless, read on…
- When one of your other characters (ie one you are not controlling) is on the verge of death, you will hear warning signals (possibly vocal cues or music) alerting you to the fact they are in trouble (and presumably you need to switch to them to help out).
- The military base will contain a massive selection of different military vehicles. You can reach it un-noticed and access the equipment if you are good enough.
- There are three ways to transition between your characters: (1) automatic; (2) while viewing a movie; and (3) player initiated (clicking the appropriate HUD button).
- After Chop (Franklin’s dog) plays his main role he can get lost and end up in the pound if Franklin neglects him (think horses in Red Dead Redemption).
- Transitions between characters will not take more than 10 seconds maximum.
- When you die the screen goes blurry.
- The quality of in-game graphics is just as good as has been shown in the trailers (hooray!).
- The Vinewood sign is visible from any corner of the city and if you climb the sign, you’ll get a one-star wanted level. Doing anything illegal like this will be enforced (like walking over a car bridge, climbing onto the roof of a train, etc).
- Just about every big house in the map has a tennis court and they can all be played on.
- You can get hit by lightning.
- You need to obey road rules or else you will get a one-star wanted level.
- There will be drunk drivers that you’ll need to look out for on the road.
- There’s lots of car wrecks and other vehicle under the sea for you to explore – planes, boats, bodies, etc.
- Driving a golf cart anywhere but on a golf course will earn you a fine.
- As your wanted-level increases, the rhythm and intensity of the in-game music increases.
Copies of Red Dead Redemption: Game of the Year edition have been throwing up a few GTA V related surprises lately. Some users have reported getting a general “GTA 5 flyer” (with artwork we’ve already been shown), but as you’ll see from the image below, there are also brand new screenshots to found too!
This particular image was taken on a cell phone camera (hence the blurriness) but depicts a bank robbery about to take place. Notwithstanding the pic quality, we are pretty excited – the attention to detail looks amazing! If only a high quality version would show up…
A new screenshot taken from Grand Theft Auto 5 has been leaked. The image, which can be seen below, depicts a yellow submarine surfacing and appears to be gameplay footage rather than simply taken from a cut-scene.
It was leaked on the GTAForums by a mysterious member named onenewscreenshot and has been confirmed as legitimate by comparing the background from the image to other official shots released by Rockstar to date, and the map that comes as part of the collector’s edition pack.
We think it’s time that Rockstar ditched the screenshots and trailers and we get some proper gameplay footage. Who’s with us!?
Just yesterday we posted that the boxart for GTA 5 would be released this week and surely enough this morning Rockstar has delivered.
We present to you the official boxart for Grand Theft Auto V:
More high resolution versions (wallpapers, etc) are available here. We’re now thinking that the next information release has to be a trailer. What do you think!?
E3 has come and gone with no word from Rockstar, and all the while gamers are growing increasingly impatient with the lack of new information. Beyond releasing the trailer, Rockstar have done a fantastic job of keeping a lid on things. There has of course been the odd rumored leak, but the validity of them is extremely doubtful (check previous coverage here).
And while this post doesn’t have any fresh info for you, we did happen to come across some very cool Grand Theft Auto fan art. Patrick Brown is one heck of a talented artist and has a thing for game characters, particularly those from Rockstar Games’ games. Patrick has created “Grand Theft Auto Legends 2012” which you can check out below. It features 10 protagonists from previous GTA games as well as Albert De Silva from GTA 5.
From left to right:
- Toni Cipriani – Liberty City Stories
- Claude Speed – GTA III
- Carl Johnson – San Andreas
- Niko Bellic – GTA IV
- Victor Vance – Vice City Stories
- Johnny Klebitz – Lost and Damned
- Tommy Vercetti – Vice City
- Luis Lopez – Ballad of Gay Tony
- Huang Lee – Chinatown Wars
- Albert De Silva – GTA V
Check out Patrick’s Deviant Art page here.