Today, Rockstar uploaded a new “Asked & Answered” feature with the answers to several questions they’ve received from fans about GTA V and GTA Online. This clarified a number of issues, including the company’s official stance on mods. From this short Q&A, we’ve learned:
- Rockstar’s policy on PC mods hasn’t changed. When the recent update rendered certain mods unusable, it was an unintentional side effect. The only thing Rockstar is concerned about is the use of GTA Online mods that could alter the experience for other players. Single-player mods are still welcomed and celebrated.
- A new update is on the way with content such as the car pictured above.
- Due to the amount of work that goes into creating Heists, you shouldn’t expect new ones any time soon. However, other GTA Online content is planned.
- The Lab radio station, currently exclusive to the PC game, will be coming to the Xbox One, PS4, Xbox 360, and PS3 in the future.
- A tool similar to the Rockstar Editor will be coming to the Xbox One and PS4, possibly as early as this summer.
- GTA Online content is still planned for the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game, which Rockstar will continue to support for as long as possible.
- Self Radio (a custom radio station playing your own MP3s) is not planned for consoles.
- Support for peripherals, such as joysticks and steering wheels, may come to GTA V PC in the future, although there are no guarantees yet.
- Mac users can play GTA V by running Boot Camp and following these guidelines.
- Youtube videos that encourage players to cheat (such as exploiting glitches to gain money, RP, or items) are not allowed. Rockstar will flag such videos to be taken down.
- Rockstar is working to stop the hackers in GTA Online.
It’s great to get answers to these questions, particularly with all of the confusion about mods. Are there any other GTA V questions you still have?
🙊What do you think? Sound off below!🙊