New information about Grand Theft Auto V continues to leak out at a frustratingly slow pace (we want to know it all, now!) but that said we do have a little something for you today courtesy of Japanese gaming magazine Famitsu… mostly about animals in GTA 5. The original article (along with all the details) is in Japanese, so here’s quick primer on some thing you can expect regarding animals and pets in the game:
- You can purchase accessories, like dog collars, for any pet (such as Chop, Franklin’s dog).
- Chop can get lost and even end up in the Dog Pound if you neglect him (previously released information).
- There are more than 15 different types of animals in the game.
- All wild animals (that is, not pets) can be hunted. We saw a glimpse of this in the gameplay video.
Famitsu also had these non-animal-related tidbits to share:
- GTA V will be released in Japan on October 10 this year.
- Each character has it’s own walk (I guess this means the realism will be there – good to know).
- Animations are much improved over previous games in the GTA series (again, good to know).
- One of the missions you need to complete in the game will take place entirely underwater.
- Trevor and Michael can share a jet-ski ride together. Two comments on this: (1) how sweet; and (2) wonder why Franklin is left out of the fun?
Anyway, there you have it. A very random list of new Grand Theft Auto 5 information from a Japanese gaming magazine. What else did you expect?