We recently posted that the new GTA V 1.04 patch would introduce the concept of cheater pools to Grand Theft Auto V. What this means is that instead of being banned for certain glitching/exploits in GTA Online, you would instead be placed in a “cheater’s pool” and could only play with other players who have also been classed as “cheats” by Rockstar (exactly what constitutes a “cheat” in GTA Online is not fully known just yet). Whether it also means that people won’t be banned from GTA Online is not yet known – there might be some pre-determined level of hacking that is required before Rockstar will simply ban you as opposed to putting you in the cheater’s pool.
Well a new video has surfaced on YouTube and it sheds some light on the topic. You can check it out for yourself below, but from the video we’ve learned the following about GTA 5 cheater’s pools:
- You can only play with others who are also in the cheater’s pool.
- You can’t join other “normal” gaming sessions.
- You’ll be classed as a bad sport (in addition to a cheater).
- You will lose all your money.
- You will keep your rank/level, your vehicles and your garage and apartments.
- The video creator also talks about a four month wait to get out of the pool. Whether this is correct/standard has not been confirmed though.
We don’t have any first hand experience of the cheater’s pool here at GTA 5 Cheats and in fact the number of players affected by it appears to be extremely limited at this stage, hence some of the questions/issues above cannot be answered fully just yet. We have however heard reports that if your PSN or Xbox Live ID is linked to your Rockstar Social Club account, then you are more likely to be spotted by and class as a cheater by Rockstar. This has not been confirmed though.
If you or someone you know has been classed as a cheater and placed in the pool in GTA Online then we’d love to hear from you!
What do you think? Sound off below!