Complete List: A History of GTA Online DLCs
One of the pillars of GTA Online journalism is speculation about upcoming DLCs. Whenever Rockstar drops an update, it causes some serious waves in both the GTA V community and in the gaming press.
Rockstar has been releasing free DLC packs ever since GTA 5 first launched way back in 2013 and sorting through it all for someone who jumped on the bandwagon at a later date (or on a newer platform) might be something of a daunting task.
Well, let us help you! Below, you will find a full and complete list of all GTA Online DLCs in chronological order from newest to oldest, each of them linking to their respective article providing detailed information.
- GTA Online Lowriders: Custom Classics – A relatively small DLC update which added three new vehicles to Benny’s Original Motorworks, a host of character customization options, two new weapons and the Sumo Adversary Mode.
- GTA Online Be My Valentine DLC – Celebrating Valentine’s day, this update brought back the good old Roosvelt as well as an updated version. The DLC also added new clothing options and a new Adversary Mode titled Till Death Do Us Part. The Gusenberg Sweeper also made a return.
- GTA Online Drop Zone January 2016 Update – A minor update, this DLC added two vehicles to Benny’s Original Motorworks and a new Adversary Mode.
- GTA Online Festive Surprise 2015 DLC – Celebrating Christmas has become something of a tradition in GTA Online – Fireworks, Snow, a new car and several new customization items.
- GTA Online Executives and Other Criminals – The Executives update is one of the largest ever seen in GTA Online, introducing the deep and layerd VIP and Bodyguard system. Several new weapons and vehicles were also added, along with the end-game Super yachts.
- GTA Online Halloween Surprise DLC – This spooky update added an all new Adversary Mode, two cars, a weapons and new masks.
- GTA Online Lowriders – A large update adding a new contact to GTA Online providing missions as well as Benny’s Original Motorworks, a new car shop where you can customize lowrider vehicles. New weapons and clothing items were also introduced.
- GTA Online Freemode Events – A significant update bringing major changes to the underlying mechanics of GTA Online by wiping away job lobbies and loading screens. It also added a massive amount of new event types.
- GTA Online Ill-Gotten Gains Part 1 & Part 2 – An end-game update focusing on expensive new customization items, weapons and vehicles. It is notorious for adding a gold-plated jet which costs 10 million in $GTA .
- GTA Online Heists Update – One of, if not the, largest update GTA Online has seen. Adding a massive amount of vehicles and, more importantly, the difficult but lucrative heist missions to the game.
- GTA Online Festive Surprise DLC – The second Christmas themed update brought snow to Los Santos, as well as a handful of clothes, weapons and vehicles.
- GTA Online Last Team Standing Update – As the name suggests, this update added the LTS game mode to GTA Online alongside two weapons and three vehicles.
- GTA Online San Andreas Flight School Update – This DLC added four new vehicles to the game, as well as flag parachutes and the Flight School missions, allowing players to train as crack pilots.
- GTA Online Independence Day Special DLC – Following the theme of ‘MURICA, this update added the Musket weapon, a Monster Truck, a bike, rural safehouses and massive amount of new clothing for a limited time. It was re-introduced in 2015.
- GTA Online I’m Not A Hipster Update – This DLC added two new weapons, a whopping 7 new cars and a dozen new missions. New customization options go without saying.
- GTA Online High Life Update – Another update focusing on luxury and riches, High Life adds a few new vehicles, a new weapon, and a handful of clothes and apartments – as well as new missions with which to earn cash for buying all that.
- GTA Online Business Update – A minor update adding some new vehicles, weapons and customization items with a common formal theme.
- GTA Online Valentine’s Day Massacre Special DLC – Going for a retro gangster look, this DLC adds retro clothing, the Roosevelt old timer and the Sweeper, GTA’s take on the Tommy Gun.
- GTA Online Holiday Gifts DLC – The first Christmas DLC, adding festive clothes and snow.
- GTA Online Capture Update – This DLC brought the capture game mode to GTA Online.
- GTA Online Content Creator Update – The extremely versatile Content Creator, which allows players to build their own missions in GTA Online, was added alongside a handful of bugfixes in this update.
- GTA Online Beach Bum Update – The first content update to ever grace GTA Online, Beach Bum added several new vehicles, two new weapons, and countless new customization items and jobs to the game.
Now that’s a lot of free DLC, so the next time you see some disgruntled player accuse Rockstar of greed, feel free to link them to this page.
We will continue to update it as new DLC is release for GTA Online.