Rockstar has featured “Throwback” GTA Online jobs created by fans before, and now another batch has been highlighted. Instead of focusing on past Grand Theft Auto elements, these jobs all call back to Rockstar’s 2010 open world game set in the Old West, Red Dead Redemption. Are you a fan of Red Dead Redemption, or are you unfamiliar with it? Either way, these eight games should give you a taste of what it was like.
For the Xbox 360, we have:
- Red Dead Redemption, by LordSando – a Deathmatch game that mimics RDD’s Duels, set in the Chiliad Mountain State Wilderness.
- Tesoro Azul, by JasetheChase – an excellent recreation of the Tesoro Azul hideout from Nuevo Paraiso, with a team-based where players have to take their opponent’s bag back to their own team’s base.
- RED DEAD, by ScarfacexD16 – a Team Deathmatch at the base of Mount Chiliad and Mount Gordo, meant to remind you of gunslinging days with its Pistol-only combat.
- Tall Trees, by adeadzombiebones – Raton Canyon takes the place of RDD’s Tall Trees hunting area, with Pistol and Shotgun combat.
And for the PS3, we have:
- Marston’s Ranch, by TheMckeever – this area is meant to resemble Beecher’s Hope, now setting the stage for a deathmatch.
- Red Dead Race, by Zidane – cross the Great Senora Desert in a Sanchez Point-to-Point Race to recall the high-speed glory of RDD’s Grand Prix races.
- Red Dead, by ElusiveBlk202 – with train carriages and restricted ammo, this Deathmatch seeks to replicate the tense Duels of Red Dead Redemption.
- GRAB THE BAG, by BigSo786 – RDD’s Grab the Bag multiplayer game is replicated here in an interesting map that demands strategy and tactical thinking.
These Jobs will be livestreamed by Rockstar this Friday, September 12, at 4PM ET.
Head on over to the official announcement for more details and download links, and be sure to let us know which your favorite is. Have you ever created a GTA Online map based on another game?
What do you think? Sound off below!