Cheats do not work in Grand Theft Auto Online so if you want to dominate in multiplayer GTA V, best read up on the hints and tips we’ve compiled below. If you have any tips of your own, feel free to send them in! There are currently seven pages (and growing!): 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
We also have some other related pages that you might find useful…
Grand Theft Auto Online Hints & Tips – Index
- $100K Per Hour
- $18K Per Minute
- $2 Million & 400K RP Per Hour Farming
- $5,000 Minimum Drop
- Action Command
- Activities Advice
- Aim Very Steeply
- All Helicopter and Plane Locations Part 1
- All Helicopter and Plane Locations Part 2
- American Cycle Bike Race for Easy RP
- A Titan of a Job
- Avoid Being Slipstreamed in Races
- Avoid Losing Money
- Bad Sport
- Bad Sport Dunce Hat
- Bicycle Limit
- Bigger Minimap
- Blind Firing Tip
- BMX Color Picker
- Boneyard Survival Mission Guide
- Bounty Kills
- Bulk Transport
- Bulldozer Location
- Bulldozer Spawn Location
- Car Statistics
- Change Clothes On-the-fly
- Change Spawn Point
- Changing Accessories
- Cheap Sticky Bombs
- Clean Cars Using Fire Truck Watter Cannon
- Criminal Records for Easy RP
- Custom Crew Emblem Tutorial
- Deposit Cash via Internet
- Deposit your Cash
- Destroy Buzzard
- Destroy Unoccupied Cars with No Bad Sport
- Die Without Losing Any Money
- Dodging Air Missiles
- Don't Pay for Insurance with Police Vehicles
- Drink Pisswasser to Get Drunk
- Dropping Items
- Duplicate Space Docker / Any Vehicle
- Duplicating Friend's Vehicles
- Easy Reputation Points via Racing
- Easy RP
- Easy Survival Mode
- Easy Violent Duct Mission
- Enlarge Mini-map
- Enterable Buildings / Locations
- Escaping a Dog Fight
- Fast Travel #1
- Fast Travel #2
- Faster BMX
- Find Out How Much Bounty is Worth
- First Car
- Flying Hints & Tips for Pilots
- Flying Jets
- Free-Aim the Sniper
- Free Annis Elegy RH8
- Free Car Repair
- Free Cosmetic Car Upgrades
- Free Garage
- Free Shotgun
- Free Vehicle Repair
- Gang War Locations Map
- Get a Fighter Jet
- Golf Game Guide
- Grab Cargo Drops with Cargobob
- Grass on Fire
- Hang Off the Side of Vehicles
- Helicopter Spawn Location
- Helicopter Spawning and Levels
- Hitching Rides on Fire Trucks
- Hunger Games GTA Edition
- Infinite Money Vehicle Resell Glitch
- Infinite Vehicle Resale Glitch
- Instant Heals During Missions
- Insure Cars
- Jetski Cave Location
- John Marston as Father
- Keep/Sell Merryweather Jeep
- Leaving Engine Running and Headlights On
- Level Requirements
- Lifestyle and Character Stats Guide
- List of All Properties
- Looping Missions
- Loser Perk
- Lose Wanted Level Free
- Making Insurance Claim Tip
- Max Driving Skill
- Max Strength Stat
- Mechanic Car Delivery
- Mechanic Collects Impounded Vehicle
- Menus: Scroll Faster
- Merryweather Mesas Location
- Merryweather Security
- Meth'd Up Mission Faster
- Military Base Entry
- Military Base with No Wanted Level
- Million Dollar Money Glitch
- Mission Unlock Levels/Ranks
- Molotov Cocktails
- Most Popular High-end Apartments
- Must Have Vehicle: Police Riot/SWAT Van
- No Insurance Excess for Blowing Up Bounty's Vehicle
- NPC Placed Bounties
- Out of Court Settlement Mission Tip
- Passenger Set GPS
- Passive Mode
- Personal Vehicle
- Personal Vehicle Recovery
- Popular Vehicle Color Combinations
- Property Location, Type, Price and Garage Size Guide
- Purchase Any Car Free
- Quick Action Button - Full Usage
- Quick GPS
- Quick Menu
- Quick Replay Vote
- Racing Hint
- Radio Stations on Spotify
- Rapple Down from Helicopter
- Rat Loader Spawn Location
- Rearrange the Vehicles in Your Garage
- Recent Activity List
- Remove Wanted Level
- Replacing Vehicles with Modded Ones
- Replaying Missions
- Resupply During Jobs
- Rhino Tank - Get One, Insure it and Store it/a>
- Robbing Convenience Stores
- RP Bonuses
- RP Boosting via Racing
- Same Clothes at Stores
- Save Progress
- Selling Cars to Los Santos Customs
- Simeon Missions
- Sing in the Shower for RP
- Slide Down Ladders
- Smoke Weed for Color Security Cams
- Solo GTA Online
- Solo Mission - $12K Payout / $100K+ Per Hour
- Spend Wisely
- Splitting Loot/Cash
- Sports & Super Cars
- Steal Back Impounded Car
- Sticky Bombs on Apartment/Garage Doors
- Stock Tires with Colored Rims
- Stolen Car Price List
- Stolen Premium Cars
- Stop Griefing Tanks
- Stop Tanks with a Sniper
- Store Any Non-premium Vehicle in Your Garage
- Stunt Jumps Map
- Submarine in GTA Online
- Sultan RS Locations
- Sultan RS Spawning
- Survival Tip
- Survive a Bounty for Cash and RP
- Switch Locked Targets with Buzzard
- Switch to Free-Aim to Stop Getting Killed
- Tailgater Spawn Location
- Taking Strippers Home
- Topless Women Mission
- Top Vehicles in Each Category
- Trolling Car Thieves
- Turbo Start
- Ultimate Jobs Information Spreadsheet
- Ultimate List of Purchasable Cars in GTA Online
- Unique Body Modifications List for Vehicles
- Unlock Car Locks
- Unlock Car Upgrades
- Unlock Levels for Items
- Unlock Levels for Weapons
- Upgrading Property
- Use a Mask
- Vehicle Comparison Guide (Ultimate)
- Views from All High-End Apartments
- Wear Hat and Mask at Same Time
- Wind Down Windows
$100K Per Hour
You need to create an invite only gaming session. Head to any store and rob it. Punch the clerk in the face, they’ll run off and take all the cash in the register.
Then go to the Start menu and to the Playstation Store / Xbox Live Marketplace – as if you were going to purchase in-game money for real-world cash.
As soon as the Store/Marketplace loads, exit straight away.
You will spawn back in the same store at the same spot except the world will have refreshed. You can now punch the clerk again, rob the cash register and repeat.
Use this to get loads of cash quickly!
$18K Per Minute
At level 45 you will unlock a mission called “Mixed Up with Coke”. The rewards are $18,000 and 3,500 RP. It can take up to 15 minutes to do the first few times, but once you get it down pat with a couple of friends average run times are about 1 minute! The video below shows you exactly what to do (from each of the 4 player participant’s perspectives) in order to get the mission time this low. You’ll need a level 45 (to access the mission) as well as at least one level 19 and two level 9s.
Remember to combine this with the mission looping trick!
StevenWongo of Reddit also made this very useful visual guide for the mission Mixed Up with Coke. Thanks Steven
$2 Million & 400K RP Per Hour Farming
At Rank 75 you’ll unlock a mission called Rooftop Rumble from a guy named Martin Madrazo (he leads a Mexican narcotic gang in the Los Santos area). What you need to do is basically kill 5 people and it’s done, and the video clip below will show you how to complete it in the most efficient way possible. Using the method shown in the vid it’s possible to earn up to $2 million and 400K RP per hour.
You can also do it if you are a lower level and get invited by someone of course. Just use sticky bombs instead of the grenade launcher and kill any survivors with a rifle.
Follow our $18K Per Minute hint to get up to level 75 ASAP.
$5,000 Minimum Drop
If you have more than $5,000 cash on you, you could lose everything above that amount (ie everything but the first $5K) if another player kills and robs you. Even if you don’t have above $5K and you get killed you will still drop $100.
Your GTA Online character has one “action” command available for you to assign and which can be activated by clicking both of the analog sticks in (L3 + R3). To set it, go to the interaction menu. Available actions include, eating snacks, flipping the bird and dancing. Probably most useful is the eat snack one – very handy if you’ve stocked up on candy bars and are in the middle of a gun fight!
No matter if you are winning or losing while doing an activity, you will still earn RP and some cash reward for finishing the game. This goes for shooting, playing golf or tennis, etc. Not only that though, but you’ll also improve your character skills.
Aim Very Steeply
If for some reason you want/need to aim on a very steep angle then try walking backwards. When you are walking front-ways-forwards the angle is limited. Simply turn around 180 and walk backwards and you should have a much greater angle to work with.
All Helicopter and Plane Locations Part 1
If you want to get in the air in GTA Online you’re going to need either a plane or a helicopter. Luckily we found the map below, courtesy of stonedpimpso, that should guide you to the spawn location of all air vehicles in GTA Online. The Frogger, Buzzard and Annihilator are all available!
All Helicopter and Plane Locations Part 2
Check out this second map created by HaIfpint that shows all the aircraft spawn locations in GTA Online. It’s ultra HD too!
American Cycle Bike Race for Easy RP
A Titan of a Job
This mission requires that the host be at least level 24. You should also have at least 4 (preferably 6) people in your party. You should also select “easy” to make it the quickest run (and then just replay it).
Attack the hangar from both sides and then as soon as you can, move the truck that is in front of the aircraft (blocking it). That done, take off in the aircraft and fly back. Just make sure you’ve got a good pilot.
Avoid Being Slipstreamed in Races
If you’re being slipstreaming in GTA Online (like as the leader and someone is about to over-take you) then line up the car behind you and brake slightly, accelerating just as you hit the car behind you. This should cause you to gain momentum while at the same time the other car will slow down.
Avoid Losing Money
If you want to damage/slow down another player in their vehicle then try to shoot out their tires. This will not earn you a bad sport tag. Whereas if you blow up another player’s vehicle this will make you a bad sport.
Bad Sport Dunce Hat
Play nice with everyone else unless you want to be forced to wear one of these hats…
Just a quick note – even though you might have noticed there are spaces for six bicycles in your garage in GTA Online you can only store a maximum of three, and in fact we don’t recommend even trying to go above this limit given all the previous issues with players loses vehicles and mods etc… you never know what might happen!
Here’s a helpful hint – if you press down on your digital pad twice then a large version of the minimap will be bought up. This can be useful in lots of situations, however is best used during cop chases. Check where the police are located, anticipate where they’re going and then attempt to evade them accordingly.
Blind Firing Tip
While you are in cover, press the left analog stick upwards and the target reticule will appear. Alternatively if you’re at the “edge” of some cover, press left or right as appropriate.
BMX Color Picker
Boneyard Survival Mission Guide
Right after you spawn you should see a building that looks a trailer, and it’s against a wall that has a telephone pole at one end and a clear view of the gate and also the bus at the other.
The only thing is that it isn’t actually flush against the wall and there is a gap between it and the building!
Any player on your radar that has a red dot on them is currently wanted. And if you’re able to take them out, then you’ll earn a bounty reward.
If for some reason you want to carry 16 people in one vehicle (like maybe everyone playing in your GTA Online instance!?) you can head to www.warstock-cache-and-carry.com using your cell phone and purchase the Airport Bus for $550,000.
If you want a bulldozer in GTA Online then head to the location depicted below!
There’s also another one that spawn in the construction area south of Blaine County.
Bulldozer Spawn Location
If you’re looking for bulldozers in the city then head to the location indicated on the map below and you should find there’s usually about four bulldozers there waiting for you to take joyriding!
Change Clothes On-the-fly
Change Spawn Point
Press Start and then go to “Online” –> “Options” to change your spawn point location in GTA Online.
Not only will putting on a mask prior to committing a crime help you to remove a Wanted Star later on when the Police come looking for you, but there are other accessories that work too. Try doing it with glasses and hats and you just might get away with the job. This includes (for example) taking off a hat and putting on a pair of glasses instead. Try mixing things up.