Rockstar Games has today announced details of the special and collector’s editions of Grand Theft Auto V and from a guy who does’t usually bother with these things, the extras look pretty enticing!
For $79.99 you get the special edition which includes the following:
- The game (yup, gonna need that…)
- A “steeelbook” with never-before-seen artwork of Michael, Trevor and Franklin.
- A 21.5” x 26.75” blueprint map of Los Santos and Blaine County.
- Special Ability Boost – the special ability bar of each of Michael, Franklin and Trevor will regenerate 25% faster. This is pretty bug. There has to be a cheat released for it too (we hope)!
- Stunt Plane Trials – you can do additional aerial challenges in the game.
- Bonus outfits and tattoos.
- Free Weapons – you’ll get the following weapons for free from any Ammunation store: the Pistol .50, Bullpup Shotgun and melee Hammer. Always handy!
Coming in at $149.99, the collector’s edition will get you everything above plus:
- A “real” 10.75” x 8.5” GTA 5 security deposit bag with logo key.
- A GTA V New Era 9FIFTY Snapback Cap. This would be sweet!
- The ability to use classic GTA characters from previous games in the online character creation system.
- Instant access to a garage to store custom vehicles as well as the following actual vehicles in single player: 1930’s style Hotknife hotrod and CarbonRS sports bike, as well as the high-end Khamelion electric car in multiplayer.
To be honest, I never purchase collector’s or special editions, but if there is one time I am gonna do it, GTA 5 surely has to be the game!? Plus some of the extras are very attractive.
PS: Rockstar also announced that if you pre-order ANY version of GTA 5 between now and September 17, then you’ll be able to pilot the Atomic Blimp in-game vehicle (picture below). Pretty sweet. Pre-order here: PS3 and Xbox 360.
PPS: while the prices above are in USD, the preorder availability of both editions is worldwide from participating retailers.
What are your thoughts on the offers?
What do you think? Sound off below!