Rockstar Games has today announced details of the special and collector’s editions of Grand Theft Auto V and from a guy who does’t usually bother with these things, the extras look pretty enticing!
For $79.99 you get the special edition which includes the following:
- The game (yup, gonna need that…)
- A “steeelbook” with never-before-seen artwork of Michael, Trevor and Franklin.
- A 21.5” x 26.75” blueprint map of Los Santos and Blaine County.
- Special Ability Boost – the special ability bar of each of Michael, Franklin and Trevor will regenerate 25% faster. This is pretty bug. There has to be a cheat released for it too (we hope)!
- Stunt Plane Trials – you can do additional aerial challenges in the game.
- Bonus outfits and tattoos.
- Free Weapons – you’ll get the following weapons for free from any Ammunation store: the Pistol .50, Bullpup Shotgun and melee Hammer. Always handy!
Coming in at $149.99, the collector’s edition will get you everything above plus:
- A “real” 10.75” x 8.5” GTA 5 security deposit bag with logo key.
- A GTA V New Era 9FIFTY Snapback Cap. This would be sweet!
- The ability to use classic GTA characters from previous games in the online character creation system.
- Instant access to a garage to store custom vehicles as well as the following actual vehicles in single player: 1930’s style Hotknife hotrod and CarbonRS sports bike, as well as the high-end Khamelion electric car in multiplayer.
To be honest, I never purchase collector’s or special editions, but if there is one time I am gonna do it, GTA 5 surely has to be the game!? Plus some of the extras are very attractive.
PS: Rockstar also announced that if you pre-order ANY version of GTA 5 between now and September 17, then you’ll be able to pilot the Atomic Blimp in-game vehicle (picture below). Pretty sweet. Pre-order here: PS3 and Xbox 360.
PPS: while the prices above are in USD, the preorder availability of both editions is worldwide from participating retailers.
What are your thoughts on the offers?