Hints and Tips for GTA V
We also have some other related pages that you might find useful…
Hints and Tips for GTA V – Index
- 100% Completion Checklist
- Aim Very Steeply
- All Wheel Drive Vehicle List
- Ammu-Nation Store Owner Assistance
- Amored Trucks Robbery with No Wanted Level
- Atomic Blimp Code Fix for PS3
- Avoid Wanted Level at Airport
- Benefits of Franklin's Special Driving Ability
- Better Reticle
- Big BMX Bunny Hops
- Blind Firing Tip
- Blow Up Cars Easily
- BMX Color Picker
- BMX Ramp/Skatepark/Bowl Map
- Bulldozer Spawn Location
- Canins Mesa - How to Get it
- Character Relationship Map
- Characters Drive Themselves
- Cheaper Vehicles
- Children of the Mountain Missions
- Clean Cars Using Fire Truck Watter Cannon
- Climbing Ladders
- Combat Moves
- Commands to Control Chop
- Convertibles - Raise and Lower Roof
- Cost/Benefit Analysis of Purchasable Properties/Businesses
- Destroy Choppers in Wind Farm
- Dial Phone Numbers
- Disable Car Alarms
- Dodging Air Missiles
- Drag Races
- Easy Carbine Weapon
- Easy Helicopter Location
- Easy Out Of Your Depth Achievement/Trophy
- Enemies Under Cover
- Enter Cheat Codes at Pause Menu
- Epsilon "Kifflom" Desert Running Cheat
- Equip Scuba Gear in Free Roam
- Exploding Generators
- Fast Travel / Taxi Cabs
- Faster BMX
- Flip People Off
- Flipped Car Fix
- Flying Jets
- Free-Aim the Sniper
- Free Property
- Free Vehicle Mods for Any Character
- Free Weapon Upgrades
- Full Body Armor Location
- Fun with the Cable Car and Mountain Bikes
- Gate Launch Glitch
- Get a Fighter Jet (Easy)
- Ghost Rider
- Grass on Fire
- Golf Game Guide
- Hang Off the Side of Vehicles
- Helicopter Searchlights
- Helicopter Stabilization
- Helicopter with Rockets and No Guards
- Hidden Packages Locations Guide
- Hiding in the Bushes
- How to Get a Private Jet
- How to Get a Tank and a Fighter Jet
- How to Get Free Vehicle Repair
- HVY Dump - Almost a Tank
- Ignite Gasoline Trails
- Improve Game Performance on PS3
- Infernus and Coil Voltic - Easy Spawn Location
- Infinite Grenade Launchers
- In-Game Websites List
- Instant Health Recovery
- Instant Vehicle Repair
- Interact with NPCs
- Interactive Map
- Jetski Cave Location
- Keep Spare Spot in Garages
- Knife Flight Locations Guide
- Leaving Engine Running and Headlights On
- Less Damage with Trevor
- Letter Scraps Locations Guide
- Level Up Strength and Shooting
- Lifetime Discount at Ammu-nation Stores
- Lifeinvader Stalking Discounts & Freebies
- Max Driving Skill
- Max Lung Capacity and Swimming
- Max Out Flying Skill
- Max Out Stealth Stat
- Maxing Strength Stat
- Merryweather Weapons Plane
- Mini-Gun Spawn Location
- Modded Karin Rebel Rally Truck
- Mods to Default Cars
- Molotov Cocktails
- Monster Stunt Jump Locations
- Never Wanted
- No Resistance at Military Base or Prison
- No Wanted Level - Enter Fort Zancudo & Elsewhere
- Nuclear Waste Locations Guide
- Numbers on Character Portraits
- Old Cars Warning
- Online Shopping
- Opening Van Doors
- Orange Skull Icons
- Parachute Spawn Location
- Pausing Cut-Scenes
- Police Awareness Indicator
- Police Vehicle Sounds
- Popular Vehicle Color Combinations
- Purchase Full Ammo Easily
- Quit Internet Browser Quickly
- Rafting in GTA V
- Remove/Lose Wanted Level
- Repair Vehicle Cheat/Glitch
- Repeated Store Robberies
- Replenish Pickup Items
- Rhino Delivery
- Scuba Gear
- Sea and Street Races
- Sepia Mode for Photos
- Show Body Armor
- Skipping Missions
- Slide Down Ladders
- Spaceship Parts Guide for Space Docker / Alien Car
- Special Ability Hints
- Steal a Jet - Step-by-step Guide
- Steal Cars Silently
- Stealing a Fighter Jet
- Stock Tires with Colored Rims
- Store Waypoint Information with Photos
- Stuck on the Plot
- Stunt Jumps Map
- Sultan RS Locations
- Super Speed Bicycle
- Surano Benefactor Spawn Location
- Switch Cars to Avoid Cops
- Switch Locked Targets with Buzzard
- Tailgater Spawn Location
- Toggle Flashlight
- Tow Trucks Towing Tow Trucks
- Truffade Adder (Bugatti Veyron) or Other Supercar
- Tuned Cars Spawn Location
- Ultimate Map
- Underground Train Station Shoot-out
- Under the Bridge Aerial Challenge Locations Guide
- Unlock Packie McReary
- Use Truck Trailer to Ditch Cops
- Vapid Bullet Spawn Location
- Vibrating Mobile Phone
In GTA V scuba gear is not an item that you can carry around, to get it you need to jump out of either the Zodiak Boat (Dinghy) or the Submarine. When you jump out of those things into water, your character will automatically be wearing scuba gear. Here’s the locations of the…
Zodiak Boat (Dinghy)
- Go to the west side of Elysian Island and there is a Dinghy at the Port of Los Santos.
- Head to Miriam Turner Overpass and look next to the barge you see there.
- The south-west side of the Post Op depository.
You can also check out this video clip and the image below for another location:
When you purchase the property “Sonar Collections Dock” there will be a submarine that spawns there at the dock for you to use.
After you finish The Merryweather Heist (Offshore Option) mission a submarine will begin spawning at Sandy Shores Airfield. Pick it up using a Cargobob air transport plane (press right on the digital pad) and then drop it in the ocean where you want to use it.
Sea and Street Races
The sea races in GTA V are known as the Speedophile races and in order to be eligible for them you need to have a Speedophile Seashark jet ski as your vehicle and to have also finished the mission “Hood Safari”.
Sepia Mode for Photos
If you activate your character’s special ability and then go to take a photo, you can choose to shoot with a sepia filter.
Show Body Armor
Spaceship Parts Guide for Space Docker / Alien Car
Once you’ve successfully done the “Far Out” mission that you get from the Omega Stranger, who in turns becomes available once you’ve done the “Fame or Shame” mission you’ll unlock the Space Docker car (also known as the Alien Car).
The Omega Stranger is located in East Sandy Shores and you need to collect all 50 spaceship parts for him. To make that a bit easier, check out the video below!
The Alien Car features two massive booster jets.
Slide Down Ladders
Hold A (Xbox 360) / X (PS3) while you’re coming down a ladder and you’ll slide down it instead. This method is a lot quicker way of getting down and definitely helps on the bigger ladders!
Special Ability Hints
Here’s a couple of random special ability hints:
- If you are falling from a decent height with Trevor and would otherwise die, try activating his special ability and you should be able to survive the fall!
- Franklin’s special ability (slow down time while driving) is perfect to use when you are doing drive-bys or need to shoot anything/anyone from your vehicle.
- If you want to improve Michael’s special ability (bullet time) then try yoga. It works!
Steal a Jet – Step-by-step Guide
This imgur gallery provides some very good step-by-step instructions on how to steal a jet fighter without using cheats or anything else.
Steal Cars Silently
If you sneak (click left analog stick) while stealing cars then you won’t break any windows. In addition, if your sneak level is high enough, then sometimes the alarm won’t go off (if it would have otherwise).
Stealing a Fighter Jet
- Use Franklin to break into the base and speed in using a very fast car (planes are likely to get shot down).
- Enter via the gate that runs off the main highway on the Western side of the map.
- Immediately before you bust through the gates use Franklin’s special ability to slow down time as long as you can. This will stop your wanted level from increasing to 4 stars for as long as you have it activated and give you that little bit more time to get in and out!
- Grab a jet from one of the hangars and not one that’s out in the open.
- Try and get one that has an open cockpit. This will greatly reduce the amount of time it takes you to get moving (these might be directly outside the hangars).
Stock Tires with Colored Rims
Note: this will only work with some vehicles…
If you want to keep the stock tires of your vehicle but change their color you can do it. Here’s how. First buy the new wheels you want and then color them. No simply put the old stock tires back on your ride. They should remain colored!
Store Waypoint Information with Photos
If you want some remember the location of something in GTA V then simply take a photo of it.
Stuck on the Plot
Stunt Jumps Map
The high resolution map below shows you all the locations of the stunt jumps in GTA V. Perfect for printing out!
PS: If you want an overview of the same thing from within the game (including fly unders too) then go to the Junk Energy drink website and click the link called “Adrenaline Junkie” in the top right. The in-game URL is www.junkenergydrink.com/page5
Sultan RS Locations
The Sultan RS is one of the most popular and sought after cars in Grand Theft Auto V for good reason – it looks good and handles great. However it’s not that easy to acquire one as you can’t simply purchase them. Instead you’ll need to find one (the initial car you need to find is actually the Karin Sultan) which you then upgrade into the Sultan RS.
Super Speed Bicycle
In Vinewood Hills there will be a “Stranger/Freak” mission with a character named Mary-Ann. You will need to finish a bicycle race with her.
Once you’ve done that, follow her on your bike, make her crash (by crashing into her) and then steal her bike.
Then if you tap X while riding her bike you’ll be able to hit sports car speeds!
Surano Benefactor Spawn Location
You’ll need to find a Surano Benefactor when you’re doing the Epsilon missions for Michael and luckily we have the image below to point you in the right direction. Given that the Surano Benefactor just happens to also be one of the fastest cars in the game can’t hurt either right?
Switch Cars to Avoid Cops
Some of you will know this, some won’t, so anyway. If you are being chased by the police in GTA V and manage to get out of their sight and switch into another vehicle without them seeing, then you should be able to then re-cross/re-enter their “field of vision cones” and they won’t recognize you! Just don’t break any laws and your wanted level should decrease.
Switch Locked Targets with Buzzard
Tailgater Spawn Location
Tow Trucks Towing Tow Trucks
Doing this won’t appeal to everyone, but whatever… You can actually tow as many as three vehicles behind you (maybe more) by using a tow truck to tow a tow truck to tow a tow truck to tow a truck (try saying that quickly).
Truffade Adder (Bugatti Veyron) or Other Supercar
If you’re looking for a sweet ride then head to the spot in Rockford Hills shown below. There is always either an exotic or super car that will spawn there. Most often it is the Truffade Adder (also known as the Bugatti Veyron in real life) which is the fastest car available in GTA V. Nice!
Tuned Cars Spawn Location
Head to the location shown on the map below and you’ll find some tuned cars just waiting for you to steal!