We also have some other related pages that you might find useful…
Hints and Tips for GTA 5 – Index
- 100% Completion Checklist
- Aim Very Steeply
- All Wheel Drive Vehicle List
- Ammu-Nation Store Owner Assistance
- Amored Trucks Robbery with No Wanted Level
- Atomic Blimp Code Fix for PS3
- Avoid Wanted Level at Airport
- Benefits of Franklin's Special Driving Ability
- Better Reticle
- Big BMX Bunny Hops
- Blind Firing Tip
- Blow Up Cars Easily
- BMX Color Picker
- BMX Ramp/Skatepark/Bowl Map
- Bulldozer Spawn Location
- Canins Mesa - How to Get it
- Character Relationship Map
- Characters Drive Themselves
- Cheaper Vehicles
- Children of the Mountain Missions
- Clean Cars Using Fire Truck Watter Cannon
- Climbing Ladders
- Combat Moves
- Commands to Control Chop
- Convertibles - Raise and Lower Roof
- Cost/Benefit Analysis of Purchasable Properties/Businesses
- Destroy Choppers in Wind Farm
- Dial Phone Numbers
- Disable Car Alarms
- Dodging Air Missiles
- Drag Races
- Easy Carbine Weapon
- Easy Helicopter Location
- Easy Out Of Your Depth Achievement/Trophy
- Enemies Under Cover
- Enter Cheat Codes at Pause Menu
- Epsilon "Kifflom" Desert Running Cheat
- Equip Scuba Gear in Free Roam
- Exploding Generators
- Fast Travel / Taxi Cabs
- Faster BMX
- Flip People Off
- Flipped Car Fix
- Flying Jets
- Free-Aim the Sniper
- Free Property
- Free Vehicle Mods for Any Character
- Free Weapon Upgrades
- Full Body Armor Location
- Fun with the Cable Car and Mountain Bikes
- Gate Launch Glitch
- Get a Fighter Jet (Easy)
- Ghost Rider
- Grass on Fire
- Golf Game Guide
- Hang Off the Side of Vehicles
- Helicopter Searchlights
- Helicopter Stabilization
- Helicopter with Rockets and No Guards
- Hidden Packages Locations Guide
- Hiding in the Bushes
- How to Get a Private Jet
- How to Get a Tank and a Fighter Jet
- How to Get Free Vehicle Repair
- HVY Dump - Almost a Tank
- Ignite Gasoline Trails
- Improve Game Performance on PS3
- Infernus and Coil Voltic - Easy Spawn Location
- Infinite Grenade Launchers
- In-Game Websites List
- Instant Health Recovery
- Instant Vehicle Repair
- Interact with NPCs
- Interactive Map
- Jetski Cave Location
- Keep Spare Spot in Garages
- Knife Flight Locations Guide
- Leaving Engine Running and Headlights On
- Less Damage with Trevor
- Letter Scraps Locations Guide
- Level Up Strength and Shooting
- Lifetime Discount at Ammu-nation Stores
- Lifeinvader Stalking Discounts & Freebies
- Max Driving Skill
- Max Lung Capacity and Swimming
- Max Out Flying Skill
- Max Out Stealth Stat
- Maxing Strength Stat
- Merryweather Weapons Plane
- Mini-Gun Spawn Location
- Modded Karin Rebel Rally Truck
- Mods to Default Cars
- Molotov Cocktails
- Monster Stunt Jump Locations
- Never Wanted
- No Resistance at Military Base or Prison
- No Wanted Level - Enter Fort Zancudo & Elsewhere
- Nuclear Waste Locations Guide
- Numbers on Character Portraits
- Old Cars Warning
- Online Shopping
- Opening Van Doors
- Orange Skull Icons
- Parachute Spawn Location
- Pausing Cut-Scenes
- Police Awareness Indicator
- Police Vehicle Sounds
- Popular Vehicle Color Combinations
- Purchase Full Ammo Easily
- Quit Internet Browser Quickly
- Rafting in GTA V
- Remove/Lose Wanted Level
- Repair Vehicle Cheat/Glitch
- Repeated Store Robberies
- Replenish Pickup Items
- Rhino Delivery
- Scuba Gear
- Sea and Street Races
- Sepia Mode for Photos
- Show Body Armor
- Skipping Missions
- Slide Down Ladders
- Spaceship Parts Guide for Space Docker / Alien Car
- Special Ability Hints
- Steal a Jet - Step-by-step Guide
- Steal Cars Silently
- Stealing a Fighter Jet
- Stock Tires with Colored Rims
- Store Waypoint Information with Photos
- Stuck on the Plot
- Stunt Jumps Map
- Sultan RS Locations
- Super Speed Bicycle
- Surano Benefactor Spawn Location
- Switch Cars to Avoid Cops
- Switch Locked Targets with Buzzard
- Tailgater Spawn Location
- Toggle Flashlight
- Tow Trucks Towing Tow Trucks
- Truffade Adder (Bugatti Veyron) or Other Supercar
- Tuned Cars Spawn Location
- Ultimate Map
- Underground Train Station Shoot-out
- Under the Bridge Aerial Challenge Locations Guide
- Unlock Packie McReary
- Use Truck Trailer to Ditch Cops
- Vapid Bullet Spawn Location
- Vibrating Mobile Phone
Hang Off the Side of Vehicles
In order to hang off the side of vehicles you need to hold LT (Xbox 360) / L2 (PS3) and then double tap Y (Xbox 360) / Triangle (PS3) when you’re next to the door of the car. In terms of positioning you should be in the middle of the front and back doors.
If the vehicle has roof racks and side steps by the doors you should be able to do it. For example this will work on the Granger SUV.
Helicopter with Rockets and No Guards
If you want to get your hands on a helicopter armed with rockets and don’t want to use a cheat, then this is for you.
Simply head to the location noted below and go to the top of the building.
The chopper is sitting there waiting for you to steal it – and without any guards!
Hidden Packages Locations Guide
By finding all 12 hidden packages in GTA V you’ll be rewarded with from $8,000 to $14,500 per package and a total of $150,000. Check out the video below to find them all. We also have the following additional hints:
Unless you have a sub the packages are very difficult to get to. For this reason you should try maxing out your stats before attempting to get them. Lung capacity and stamina are crucial.
The packages themselves are suitcases that glow white on the bottom of the ocean. They’ll disappear once you pick them up and you’ll receive some cash.
Hiding in the Bushes
In GTA V you can even hide from the cops in bushes. You’ll know if the bushes are actually big enough to hide you/whether you’re positioned correctly if the arrow that represents your character on the map turns grey when you’re in the bush.
How to Get a Private Jet
Watch this clip:
How to Get a Tank and a Fighter Jet
Watch this clip:
How to Get Free Vehicle Repair
There’s three different way to get your vehicles repaired for free:
- Drive up to your purchased garage and press the d-pad to store the damaged vehicle. Then exit the garage with another vehicle, re-enter it and grab your formerly damaged vehicle. It will be fixed like brand new!
- When you’re in a damaged car switch to any other character and then immediately switch back. Your car will be fixed.
- When playing as Franklin you have the opportunity to purchase a Los Santos Customs. Once you do this all repairs and upgrades to vehicles will be free!
HVY Dump – Almost a Tank
The HVY Dump is an off-road dump truck that pretty much dwarves any other vehicle in the entire game, including the Rhino tank. In fact is almost acts a lot like the Rhino in that it’s slow and very durable. It just doesn’t have the shell launcher…
You can grab one for yourself in Davis Quartz, a mining site southeast of the Grand Senora Desert. You might also find one at the Redwood Lights Track which is a construction site that can be reached off Senora Road, just south of Harmony and the Blaine County line.
Ignite Gasoline Trails
Find a fuel can and then lay down a trail of gasoline from the place/thing you want to blow up to somewhere a safe distance away.
Then have a car that back-fires and line the exhausts up with the start of the gasoline trail.
Back-fire the car, the trail will light, and then watch the ensuing mayhem!
Improve Game Performance on PS3
Here’s three tips to try and improve the performance of GTA V on your PS3:
Defrag your console
Here’s the steps:
- Your PS3 should be turned off so the red light is on.
- Press and hold the power button. The PS3 will turn on, and then turn off again.
- Once it turns off again (with the red light back on) press and hold the power button once more. You should hear one beep, another beep a bit later, and then two quick beeps in a row. Once you hear all four beeps let go of the power button. You should see the system recovery menu.
- Once at the menu, hit “Rebuild Database” first (this might take a while) and then do “Restore File System” (which should be quicker).
DO NOT CLICK ON RESTORE PS3 SYSTEM OR ANYTHING ELSE!
Change your TV sharpness level
This might sounds a little weird, but experiment with the sharpness settings on your TV. People have reported that anything from between 0 and 20 (on a scale that goes to 100) looks best).
Run in 720p
You probably have your console running in 1080p mode if you have a full HD display. While this is logical, it won’t produce the best results for GTA 5. Instead change your PS3 system output to 720p (along with your display if it isn’t automatic) and you should see a visual improvement in the game (Settings –> Display Settings –> Video Output Settings).
In-Game Websites List
GTA V has an in-game web browser that is accessed via your cell phone. While you can’t browse any “real websites” through it, there are dozens of “in-game websites” specially created by Rockstar.
Here’s the list if you want to check them out:
Infernus and Coil Voltic – Easy Spawn Location
The Grotti Infernus and Coil Voltic are very respectable cars in GTA V and the map below shows you exactly the location where they are guaranteed to spawn (obviously not every single time you visit, but very often). You might also get a Pegassi Cheetah there and other fast cars.
Infinite Grenade Launchers
First you need to visit the location shown in the image below. There will be a cave there.
Enter it and dive to the bottom and you can grab a grenade launcher.
After that swim back to the surface, quick save and then reload your save. The ‘nade launcher will be back (respawned).
Instant Health Recovery
When you are getting low on health and want to recovery quickly simply switch to a different character and press B and Y (Xbox 360) / Circle and Triangle (PS3) at the same time, immediately after switching.
Then simply switch back, and you’ll have full health! Pressing B and Y / Circle and Triangle together prevents your character from spawning in a new position when you switch back.
Also, remember you can’t switch when being chased by the police.
Instant Vehicle Repair
If you want to instantly repair your vehicle simply stay inside of it, quick save your game and then reload.
You can repair a banged-up vehicle on top of a mountain in a jiffy!
Interact with NPCs
To interact with NPCs simply face the one you want to talk to and press right on the digital pad.
If you’re looking for an interactive map of Los Santos and Blaine County then head over here http://maps.achievementhunter.com/guides/overview/grandtheftautov. It feaures the locations of all stunt jumps, spaceship parts, letter scraps, knife flights, “under the bridges”, nuclear waste, submarine pieces, hidden packages and real estate signs. Very useful if you are going for 100%!
Keep Spare Spot in Garages
Always keep a spare spot in one of your bought garages as you never know when you’ll need it.
If you manage to get a rare car and want to save it but have four vehicles already, you’ll need to remove one.
The problem is that when you load your garage to do that, the rare car you’re in will disappear!