Sometimes glitches can be a lot of fun, such as the GTA Online glitch we covered that allows you to run around in mid-air. Now, as of the recent update, two new glitches are possible that are little more sinister, unfortunately.
The reality is that glitches like these are widely known and easily discoverable, and that talking about them should bring the issue to air in a way that: (1) makes everyone more aware of exactly what is going on/broken in GTA Online; and (2) allows Rockstar to hopefully apply hotfixes to patch them – just like it recently did for an invincibility/god mode glitch, and which is great news. See here for more details on that.
Zero Wanted Level/Invincibility to Everything but Bullets
The first is a glitch discovered by Youtube user FreightTrainWTF for Sandbox Mode. It makes you invincible to everything except for bullet damage, and your wanted level will remain at zero stars no matter what you do. This means that while you can be killed, you’ll never attract the attention of the police or military.
To enter this specific “god mode,” just follow the steps below. You’ll need two friends to help you.
- One friend should enter an open lobby for any one of the Flight School DLC missions.
- Another friend should invite you to join his or her invite-only game.
- Once you’re in the lobby with your second friend, enter Spectator Beta to spectate that session.
- Then, once Spectator Beta has loaded, open the menu again and attempt to join your other friend in the Flight School lobby.
- Since the Flight School DLC missions are single-player, you’ll see the error message pictured above, telling you the session is full.
- You’ll return to the invite-only game with no missions on your radar. This means the glitch has been successful.
- When you die, the game will refuse to advance past the screen that says “Wasted.” Once again attempt to join your friend in the Flight School mission lobby, and you’ll be respawned with the glitch fully active.
Air Races Glitch
We’ve still got one more glitch to discuss. This one is minor in comparison, and used in respect of Air Races. Reddit user megaworm2002 discovered that Air Race checkpoints will activate when you fly beneath them no matter how low you are.
Therefore, by placing checkpoints at maximum and minimum altitude, you can trick the game into thinking you’ve completed a longer race in a very short period of time. For example, a race with one checkpoint at the minimum altitude and one directly above it at the maximum altitude will register as a 2 mile race, but you’ll be able to finish it in under 1 second.
However, this glitch doesn’t work when you test races, only during the actual race.
Like any glitches, these should and will hopefully be patched in the next update. At least you are now more fully aware of them and will have a better of idea of exactly what is going on should any scenarios like the above happen while you’re playing GTA 5. Good luck!